Highlands Engineering is seeking a full-time entry level engineer to assist senior engineers and project managers with engineering and design duties. This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional growth as it exposes the candidate to drafting/design, surveying, material testing, inspection & project management as well as other aspects of civil engineering.
- Assist senior civil engineering and construction engineering staff with effective planning, organizing, estimating scheduling and monitoring of engineering work activities.
- Perform construction inspection for quality control and contract administration.
- Execute sampling, materials testing, surveying and field data collections.
- Perform drafting/design duties using AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Provide technical direction and support to fellow engineers and surveyors.
- Develop practical solutions for construction and design related problems.
- Fulfill tasks designated by senior engineers and project managers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Engineer in Training (E.I.T) certification or able to obtain within 6 months of the start date is a plus.
- Knowledge of drafting software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation is required.
- Exposure to Geo-HMS, HEC-RAS, ArcGIS or other modeling packages is a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as analytical skills.
- 0-4 years of relevant experience.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record to operate company vehicles.
We welcome people with a positive and constructive attitude, and developing this attitude in others at our firm. We recognize the value of creative independence and communicating ideas to make us better on a daily basis.