Highlands Engineering is seeking a full-time Engineering/GIS Technician to add to our growing team of professionals. We offer an excellent learning opportunity in a constantly evolving field of GIS as well as various aspect of civil engineering.
- Perform construction inspection for quality control and contract administration.
- Perform drafting/design duties using AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Create and modify GIS datasets and map layers; and work with geodatabases.
- Prepare, update and distribute company’s electronic data while working cross platform between ArcGIS and AutoCAD.
- Provide cartography/map making support to clients and office staff.
- Conduct inspection, sampling, materials testing, surveying and field data collections responsibilities.
- Assist senior engineers and project managers at the firm with ongoing projects.
- Associate Degree in Land Surveying & Civil Engineering, Geography or any related field from an accredited institution. B.S. degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of drafting software such as AutoCAD and/or Microstation required.
- Knowledge of ESRI GIS software products, especially ArcGIS 10.1 or higher desktop and GIS datasets required.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Online, Web GIS & Python programing language a plus.
- Working knowledge of principles, practices, and methods related to GIS
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as positive and constructive attitude towards the task in hand.
- 0-4 years of relevant experience.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record to operate company vehicles.
We welcome anyone with the willingness to learn and excel in a competitive and evolving field to consider this position.