Highlands Engineering is seeking a full-time Land Surveyor to add to our team and serve our client base. We offer an excellent opportunity to learn and grow in a supportive environment.
- Conduct field surveys for boundaries, topography, GIS data collection, etc.
- Perform construction staking for project site layout, roadways, paving, structures, drainage features, etc.
- Prepare legal descriptions, assemble field data, and perform survey calculations.
- Use company equipment and vehicles in a responsible manner.
- Assist project managers with various aspects of ongoing projects.
- Associate Degree in Land Surveying or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of drafting software such as AutoCAD and/or Trimble Business Center.
- Ability to work extended hours and outdoors in all types of weather and terrain conditions.
- Ability to travel and lift approximately 50 lbs, and do repetitive work such as lifting, walking, bending and standing for long hours.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as positive and constructive attitude towards the task in hand.
- 0-4 years of relevant experience.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record to operate company vehicles.
We expect the candidate for this position to be responsible, with a strong work ethic and a team player.